8.08.2008

Friday Is a Day

Sooo...I fear some of my posts were getting a bit boring, so I will try to be slightly more entertaining. I am thinking I will add in a "must have it" paragraph for those who just NEED to know what I must have!! :) I dunno...let me know if the idea is totally lame.

Anywho. Today. Up. Ready. Exit for Chris. Toys R Us. Chuck E Cheese. Home. Dinner. PChef work. The In-Laws. Home. Showers. Bed.

I should have taken the camera but the batteries are downstairs, the camera is upstairs, and my brain is mush when I try to get out the door!!

MUST HAVE IT:
Soo...you would never guess what I found at Toys R Us!!!! The Boon Spoon ( http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2908664) AND the Boon Flo (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2574618) !!!
I wanted these already and saw them today, needless to say, the store had one less of each after I got out of there. (fyi-i did pay for them) The spoon is AWESOME! I didn't have to worry about the great "grab and dump" maneuver happening when I fed Trystan his rice cereal (err...milk rice soup). The Flo was pretty cool too. It even has a dispenser to put in bubble bath so Alexis got to make her own bubbles in the tub and we are hopefully working towards independent rinsing!!

I also found some sweet deals on some CDROMs. One is Dancing Princess games and the other is a Pre-K jump start with two disks, 5 books, and flashcards! They were $7.98 each! Since we don't have any dates or plans or anything set right now for moving I am not putting Alexis in pre-k yet, but I still want her to learn and she really enjoys when we let her play games on the computer so I hope it works out that she can learn that way too. She gets kinda closed off when I try to do learning with just us, she does MUCH better when there are other kids around.

Alexis and Trystan are doing good. Alexis is going more into helper mode aside from putting EVERYTHING in her mouth for some reason. Alexis consoles Trystan, washes her body, puts on her clothes, brushes/flosses/rinses/mouthwash, lots of neato stuff! Next step is tennis shoes with laces!!! DUN DUN DUN! Trystan wants to sit up and also walk soo bad. He gets ill if i lay him down. He hasn't slept a full night again, but he is only waking up once now and still going back to sleep for 30 min - 1 hr in the am so I can wake up more.

Now for the inevitable part: I miss Chris. A lot. It sucks having to wait and having to be responsible when all I really want to do is pack up and go be with him. I don't like having to go through an entire day without him holding me, much less entire days back to back. I just keep praying for all the doors to open when it is GODs time for us to go. He knows that if we try to do this on our own we would mess it up. Soo...it is guidance I am praying for, and guidance I must wait for. So far it is all looking like living in TX will be the plan. We more than likely have someone to rent our place here, and my dad is offering to drive whatever moving truck we get to TX for us. My dad is cool-he told me today that he wants to get me back with chris soon because I don't sound happy without him. and though it sounds like party/vacation/fun time central here, if it were just me I would be a sad puppy home all the time. I don't want Alexis to get any sadder than she is though so I gotta keep busy and keep my head up. Plus, when you follow God you cannot get down, you gotta trust and keep your chin up!

Well...I should go and cuddle Chris' pillow and go to sleep.

~*~Lori Jean~*~
nite

1 comment:

April :) said...

Okay, really like the spoon and faucet! Both are very neat. They just keep coming out with cool stuff :)

You are stronger than me because I wouldn't be able to wait. Patience is really not my strong suit. But waiting on God is always the right thing to do. I have done the "try to make it happen myself" part and it always comes back to bite me! But it sounds like God is already starting to work it out with the possible renter and your dad driving the truck. So maybe not much longer and God will have it all worked out for you guys. Hang in there :)